Monday, October 20, 2008

Wandering into the land of the 28kg and playing it safe

This morning I embarked on my venture into training with it for TGUs' and swings.I am taking it slow and purposefully keeping the volume low.I am doing this because I believe my GPP is well established and I can kind of end it for now.Continuing to add volume I know will only lead to burn out or injury for me so I don't see the point.Instead of training muscles I will strive to perfect the movements.

So for the getups my first few sets were simply a matter of getting the bell up and into positon.It's a bit more intimidating having that thing up there instead of the 24 and right now it's hurting my forearm more!lol The final three sets were were done 1 rep per side just getting up on my forearm.Again I am not concerned with reps here but rather my breathing and seemless transitions.

Swings have always been a pretty easy exercise for me.I love them especially considering the fact that they make it possible not to have to get on a treadmill anymore!So I did an easy 5 sets of 5 one arm swings matching my breathing to the movement and the bell felt like it was floating.I'm sure a lot of people know this but for those that don't try incorparating this.Instead of keeping a death grip on the bell when you swing it consider gripping it to start then as the bell comes up relax your grip a bit.Then at the top tighten again.You'll be able to last a lot longer that way.

No comments: