Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No more training just for training s sake!

After a much needed 3 day getaway I am back refocused and energized.All I did was some joint mobility stuff,walk on the beach,and pig out!Fast food may not be good for your body or your jeans but it sure as heck tastes good.LOLAnyway sitting on the sand watching the waves Had me reflect on my training and where I'm going.

Even though I have always trained with goals in mind I have been guilty many times of just training for the sake of training.I'm sure you can relate you know the feeling of "I need to be doing something" or "If I'm not drenched in sweat after I finish I haven't done anything" mentality.Well that all stops this week.

1) even though I am going to test myself with the 24kg snatch in 6 weeks I am not going to do snatches.It may seem odd but I don't believe I need to.
2) Keeping it as simple as it gets I am going to use turkish getups and swings on my strength days with the 63kg and that's it.
3) On the non strength days I will do my band training and bending.Bands are a phenomenal tool and I think everyone should use them but I'll leave that for another time.

That's all for now stay tuned!

1 comment:

Fatman said...

Just wondering, what sort of stuff do you do with the bands?

I have several bands of different strength (Lifeline TNTs) that I use for strandpulling workouts. They can go up to pretty high resistances, so I use them for moderately heavy and heavy strength work. Not many people use them for actual strandpulling exercises, so I'm always interested in opinions.

Thanks!