Sunday, October 26, 2008

Give that girl a band!

I spent the weekend at my cousins house and gad a great time.Okay I know you could care less but bear with me a minute as it sets up this mornings workout.LOL So this morning we get up and I want to train.Sandra tells me "but Nikki you know we don't have any weights here".My reply? To paraphrase a famous movie quote "we don't need no stinking weights"!

I tell her we'll just use our bodyweight.Your brother has a dip/pullup station in the basement so we can do those plus pushups and squats and we'll be done.Short,effectibe,and intense.She tells me she can't do pushups or pullups and squats hurt her knee.Sometimes that pain is caused by poor glute strength so I tell her let's see if a few sessions of squats help.

I pull a couple of light bands and a monster mini out of my gym bag and we begin.All exercises were done for 4 sets of about 6 reps.She did hers' assisted and I did mine resisted.Nithing fancy just pushups,pullups,squats,and dips.Keep in mind you can always make this harder by using a stronger band or doing a single leg squat and an assisted or resisted one arm pushup.

No comments: