Saturday, May 30, 2009

A minsset evolution from working out to practice to playing

Hi Everyone,
It's been awhile since I've posted anything and there is good reason for that.I originally started this blog as basically a training journal due to a lot of interest from people wanting to know what my workouts were like.Over time my methodology and attitude towards training have radically changed.

When I first started training in a commercial gym I had the mindset like many others of doing bodybuilding type workouts followed by a long run on the treadmill or using a stair master.I judged my workout by how wiped out I was when I was done.To be honest I actually hated it.Then I found Pavel and loved his stuff and especially the concept of not working out but practicing strength.Thanks to the principles I learned my strength took off to the point where it stunned my family and friends.

For me though I felt something was still missing though.I wanted more tham just moving heavy weight and set routines I wanted freedom!LOL That's when I discovered Prasara yoga.The practice of it has given me all the fitness benefits I want and then some!My strenght has increased further still and my endurance is great with no other "cardio".Most important to me is that it has given me a mindset of play instead of training.Everyday I do it I feel like I'm 8 yrs old again playing with my friends!

1 comment:

Linus said...

This sounds just like my progression. I started out hitting the gym at my college, then discovered Hard Style at DragonDoor, and then finally Flow-Fit, Prasara, and Clubbells. Good to know I'm not the only one... :)